Schumacher Racing is a British manufacturer of high performance radio controlled model cars.
Since 1980 we have been at the leading edge of RC car racing, producing innovative race winning products. We have also made extreme ready to run vehicles for those who just want to drive fast and have fun.
Founded in 1978 by Cecil Schumacher who at the time was a successful F1 transmission designer. The first Schumacher product was the ball differential, one of the fundamental items found in almost all RC cars.
The World Famous competition circuit 1/12th 'C' Car was introduced in 1982 and won many titles including a European Championship. In 1987 the Iconic CAT XLS driven by Masami Hirosaka won the IFMAR World Championship.
Schumacher are committed to always bring you high quality products with which to enjoy the fabulous hobby of radio controlled model cars. In 2001 Robin Schumacher took over as Managing Director after a successful time working in Japan and the USA.
In addition to the Schumacher brand we also sell a range of accessories from around the world, to supply all the motors, batteries, speed controls, tyres, chargers, tools, and radio control equipment that you will need for the hobby.
- 1978 The first ball differential was invented by Cecil Schumacher, an F1 transmission designer.
- 1980 Schumacher Racing was started by Cecil Schumacher.
- 1982 The first car, the 1/12th scale ‘C’ car was introduced.
- 1985 & 1988 Schumacher ‘C’ car wins European Championships.
- 1986 The CAT 4WD 1/10th scale off road buggy was introduced.
- 1987 The CAT, driven by Masami Hirosaka wins the World Championships.
- 1988 The first 2WD buggy, the Top CAT was introduced.
- 1989 The 4WD ProCAT and 2WD TopCat win the European Championships.
- 1990 The 4WD ProCAT and 2WD Cougar win the European Championships.
- 1991 The Nitro 10 range of cars introduced which developed into the Nitro 21 and some of the first ready to run nitro vehicles.
- 1994, 95, 96, 97, 4 consecutive European Championships for the CAT 4wd buggies.
- 1996 The first SST 1/10th electric touring car was introduced.
- 1997 to 2006 Schumacher touring cars win 10 USA national titles.
- 2001 Cecil’s son Robin Schumacher takes over as Managing Director.
- 2002 Fusion range of 80mph nitro cars introduced.
- 2003 Menace range of 70mph nitro trucks introduced.
- 2005 Mi2 touring car wins the European Championships with Teemu Leino.
- 2008 Schumacher return to electric off road racing with the revolutionary CAT SX.
- 2009 & 2010 The Mi4 touring car wins the British Championships with Chris Grainger.
- 2009 Manic twin engined monster truck introduced.
- 2009 A modified Schumacher Mi3.5 touring car achieves a Guinness World Record for R/C cars of 161mph.
- 2010 Schumacher return to 2WD off road with the ground breaking Cougar SV and promptly win the BRCA Championship with Tom Cockerill.
- 2011 Contact tyres launched, and win the 1/8th World and Euro Finals.
- 2012 The SupaStox 1/12th range is launched, 30 years since Schumacher last introduced a 1/12th car!
- 2013 The awesome CAT K1 and Mi5 launched and SupaStox takes double British Championship title.
- 2013 Chris Grainger wins the BRCA Touring Car Nationals with the Mi5
- 2013 Revolutionary Cougar KF Launched.
- 2014 Darren Bloomfield wins BRCA 2WD Nationals Championship with Cougar KF.
- 2015 Cougar KF2 Launched.
- 2015 Elliott Harper Wins BRCA Touring Car National Championship with the Mi5evo.
- 2015 Michal Orlowski wins the EFRA 4WD Euro's at Robin Hood Raceway with the CAT K1 Aero.
- 2016 CAT K2, Atom GT12 and Mi6 Launched. Michal Orlowski wins both 2WD and 4WD classes at the EOS in Poland with the CAT K2 and KF2SE.
- 2016 Schumacher returns to 1/12th carpet LMP12 with the release of the Eclipse.
- 2017 Michal Orlowski TQ's and wins both 2WD and 4WD classes at the DHI Cup in Denmark using the CAT K2 and Cougar KC prototype.
- 2017 Michal Orlowski wins the GT12 World Championship in Milton Keynes.
- 2017 Mi6evo, Cougar KC and KD released.
- 2017 Schumacher Re-Release the famous 1987 World Championship winning CAT XLS Masami.
- 2018 CAT L1 Buggy Released.
- 2018 Michal Orlowski wins 2WD and 4WD EOS series with KC and L1.
- 2018 Andy Murray wins British GT12 Championship with Atom CC.
- 2018 Schumacher Eclipse 2 Released.