Schumacher Racing is a British manufacturer of high performance radio controlled model cars.
Since 1980 we have been at the leading edge of RC car racing, producing innovative race winning products. We have also made extreme ready to run vehicles for those who just want to drive fast and have fun.
Founded in 1978 by Cecil Schumacher who at the time was a successful F1 transmission designer. The first Schumacher product was the ball differential, once one of the fundamental items found in almost all RC cars.
The World Famous competition circuit 1/12th 'C' Car was introduced in 1982 and won many titles including a European Championship. In 1987 the Iconic CAT XLS driven by Masami Hirosaka won the IFMAR World Championship.
Schumacher are committed to always bring you high quality products with which to enjoy the fabulous hobby of radio controlled model cars. In 2001 Robin Schumacher took over as Managing Director after a successful time working in Japan and the USA.
In addition to the Schumacher brand we also sell a range of accessories from around the world, to supply all the motors, batteries, speed controls, tyres, chargers, tools, and radio control equipment that you will need for the hobby.
For many years we have supported drivers and customers running Schumacher cars and distributed products at major race meetings in the UK and accross the World. Events like the BRCA British Nationals, EFRA Euro's, IFMAR World Championships and more recently EOS and ETS Championships. We can always be spotted trackside!
Our most recent racing success is taking double TQ and double win at the IFMAR 1/12th World Championships in Milton Keynes UK. Our own Andy Murray and Marc Rheinard took the championships with the Schumacher Eclipse 3 chassis.
The Euro Off Road Series (EOS) has seen huge success for the company. Michal Orlowski and Jorn Neumann have taken many race victories.
- 1978 The first ball differential was invented by Cecil Schumacher, an F1 transmission designer.
- 1980 Schumacher Racing was started by Cecil Schumacher.
- 1981 The first car, the Schumacher XL 1/12th car was introduced.
- 1983 The legendary 1/12th scale ‘C’ car was introduced.
- 1985 & 1988 Schumacher ‘C’ car wins European Championships.
- 1986 The CAT 4WD 1/10th scale off road buggy was introduced.
- 1987 The CAT, driven by Masami Hirosaka wins the World Championships.
- 1988 The first 2WD buggy, the TOP CAT was introduced.
- 1989 The 4WD PRO CAT and 2WD TopCat win the European Championships.
- 1990 The 4WD PRO CAT and 2WD Cougar win the European Championships.
- 1991 The Nitro 10 range of cars introduced which developed into the Nitro 21 and some of the first ready to run nitro vehicles.
- 1994, 95, 96, 97, 4 consecutive European Championships for the CAT 4wd buggies.
- 1996 The first SST 1/10th electric touring car was introduced.
- 1997 to 2006 Schumacher touring cars win 10 USA national titles.
- 2001 Cecil’s son Robin Schumacher takes over as Managing Director.
- 2002 Fusion range of 80mph nitro cars introduced.
- 2003 Menace range of 70mph nitro trucks introduced.
- 2005 Mi2 touring car wins the European Championships with Teemu Leino.
- 2008 Schumacher return to electric off road racing with the revolutionary CAT SX.
- 2009 & 2010 The Mi4 touring car wins the British Championships with Chris Grainger.
- 2009 Manic twin engined monster truck introduced.
- 2009 A modified Schumacher Mi3.5 touring car achieves a Guinness World Record for R/C cars of 161mph.
- 2010 Schumacher return to 2WD off road with the ground breaking Cougar SV and promptly win the BRCA Championship with Tom Cockerill.
- 2011 Contact tyres launched, and win the 1/8th World and Euro Finals.
- 2012 The SupaStox 1/12th range is launched, 30 years since Schumacher last introduced a 1/12th car!
- 2012/2013 - Chris Ashton wins 2 x BRCA GT12 Championships.
- 2013 The awesome CAT K1 and Mi5 launched and SupaStox takes double British Championship title.
- 2013 Chris Grainger wins the BRCA Touring Car Nationals with the Mi5
- 2013 Revolutionary Cougar KF Launched.
- 2013/14 - Chris Ashton wins 2 x BRCA GT12 Championships.
- 2014 Darren Bloomfield wins BRCA 2WD Nationals Championship with Cougar KF.
- 2015 Cougar KF2 Launched.
- 2015 Elliott Harper Wins BRCA Touring Car National Championship with the Mi5evo.
- 2015 Michal Orlowski wins the EFRA 4WD Euro's at Robin Hood Raceway with the CAT K1 Aero.
- 2016 CAT K2, Atom GT12 and Mi6 Launched. Michal Orlowski wins both 2WD and 4WD classes at the EOS in Poland with the CAT K2 and KF2SE.
- 2016 Schumacher returns to 1/12th carpet LMP12 with the release of the Eclipse.
- 2017 Michal Orlowski TQ's and wins both 2WD and 4WD classes at the DHI Cup in Denmark using the CAT K2 and Cougar KC prototype.
- 2017 Michal Orlowski wins the GT12 World Championship in Milton Keynes.
- 2017 Mi6evo, Cougar KC and KD released.
- 2017 Schumacher Re-Release the famous 1987 World Championship winning CAT XLS Masami.
- 2017 Michal Orlowski take the EOS title in 2WD.
- 2017/2018 - Andy Murray wins the BRCA GT12 Championship.
- 2018 CAT L1 Buggy Released.
- 2018 Michal Orlowski wins 2WD and 4WD EOS series with KC and L1.
- 2018/19 Andy Murray wins British GT12 Championship.
- 2018 Schumacher Eclipse 2 Released.
- 2019 CAT L1 EVO, Eclipse 3, Mi7, TOP CAT 'Classic' and Atom 2 Launched.
- 2019 Michal Orlowski takes the EOS title in 2WD.
- 2019 Michal Orlowski takes EFRA 1/12th European Title in Stock.
- 2019 James Hart and Olly Jefferies win both the Stock and Modified BRCA Touring Car Championships.
- 2019 Michal Orlowski takes 3rd in 4WD at the IFMAR Worlds in Trencin, Slovakia.
- 2019/20 Andy Murray wins British GT12 Championship.
- 2020 Michal Orlowski and Andy Murray TQ the IFMAR 1/12th World Championship in Modified and Stock with Eclipse 3's.
- Marc Rheinard comes from 4th on the grid to win the IFMAR 1/12th Worlds, Orlowski finishes 2nd. Andy Murray wins the Stock 1/12th IFMAR Worlds.