Last weekend saw the running of the final round of the Spanish 1/10th 2WD Electric Off-Road National Series at the Rueda Loca track in León. Four drivers came to this race with chances to win the championship. Saturday would see a day of practice, with 2 controlled rounds late in the day to seed the heats for the following day. With just 2WD running, Sunday would have 5 rounds of qualifying and 3 finals for all.
Since the first practice, Schumacher driver Pablo Fernández was the fastest driver with his Cougar KR, followed by Zacarias Villalba (Team C) and David Bustos (Yokomo), who also had chances to win the overall championship. On Sunday, Schumacher’s Pablo Fernández made a clean sweep by winning all 5 rounds of qualifying to take the TQ position. Behind him, Zacarias Villalba and Oscar Fernández, both drivers with Team C, completed the top three on qualifying. Going into the 7 minute finals, Pablo would continue his qualifying form to take all 3 legs, including the fastest lap track record, to take the day’s win and with it the Spanish National Series title. Behind him Zacarias Villalba (Team C) and David Bustos (Yokomo) completed the podium.
1. Pablo Fernández Rodríguez – Schumacher KR
2. Zacarias Villalba – Team C
3. David Bustos Flores– Yokomo
4. Jose Miguel Cantos Davia – Associated
5. Oscar Fernández Alonso – Team C
6. Gonzalo Fernández Rodríguez – Associated
7. Nahun Morales González – Team C
8. Dany Fernández – Associated
9. Alejandro González Miranda – Associated
10. Juan Fernández Tuya - Associated
Congratulations to Pablo on this excellent result and seasons performance, which also saw Pablo take, the Liga Norte championship, Asturleones Championship, and now the SNS championship title using his Cougar KF and Cougar KR.