The Schumacher team were in attendance at the ICC in Essex this weekend and a fantastic weekend it was! Schumacher's Elliott Harper was in a class of his own with his Mi5evo in an extremely competitive international field.
Elliott TQ'ed and took victory in the first two legs of the finals after a faultless drive in the mains. Highlighting the international nature of the competition, the battle at the front was between Harper, multi-time ETS event winner Yannic Prumper, former DHI Cup champ Viljami Kutvonen and UK drivers Kyle Branson and Olly Jefferies. In the first two A Finals, Elliott resisted early pressure from the world class field, before being able to open up a one-and-a-half second lead by the half distance marker, as the competition faded and Elliott was able to cruise home to victory in A1 and A2 to wrap up the title.
Elliott's performance was backed up by the fact that 2 other drivers also made the A main making it 3 cars in total with Michal Orlowski over from Poland and the UK's Paul Pinkney in 8th and 10th, very good results in a strong field.
Touring Modified A-final result:
1. Elliott Harper – GBR – Schumacher/LRP
2. Kyle Branson – GBR – Capricorn/LRP
3. Yannic Prumper – DEU – –/Muchmore
4. Olly Jefferies – GBR – Xray/LRP
5. Chris Grainger – GBR – Team Associated/Reedy
6. Leo Arnold – FRA – Xray/Team Orion
7. Christopher Krapp – DEU – Tamiya/Orion
8. Michal Orlowski – POL – Schumacher/LRP
9. Viljami Kutvonen – FIN – Awesomatix/LRP
10.Paul Pinkney – GBR – Schumacher/Hobbywing
In the stock class running 13.5 blinky Schumacher's James Hart qualified and finished 4th an excellent position.
Touring Super Stock A-final result:
1. Jimmy Maddison – GBR – Xray
2. Martin Hofer – DEU – Yokomo
3. Max Machler – DEU – Awesomatix
4. James Hart – GBR – Schumacher
5. Graham Kenny – GBR – Xray
6. Marvin Schneider – DEU – Awesomatix
7. Tony Broad – GBR – Xray
8. Matt Chandler – GBR – Capricorn
9. Jamie Hickin – GBR – Xray
10.Martin Christensen – DEN – Gizmo
Congratulations to all of the drivers!
Elliott's winning set up can be downloaded here.